What is SEO and why should a photographer care about?
SEO or search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your website to rank higher on Google and other search engines. This means that businesses offering SEO services will make sure your site ranks better. They do this by optimizing certain aspects of the site like Meta tags and the size of the images.
To do SEO properly you need to know how SEO works and what tactics to use; SEO can be time-consuming to see if SEO efforts are working. If SEO efforts aren’t working, the SEO service will to learn well enough that you could optimize your website well. Once the SEO service has optimized your site, they will monitor it for a certain time period like 3 month or 6 months to see how SEO efforts are working. They will keep doing SEO services to keep your site on top of Google search results.
How to optimize your photos for search engines
Use keywords in your photo filenames wherever possible. Many people think that the file name (the one you see when you click on a thumbnail) is not used by search engines, but this isn’t strictly true – while it is important for humans who want context about what they are clicking through to, SEO for photographers it is also used by SEO software to identify your images.
In SEO for photographers the keywords of the filename are being used in addition to any other relevant tags you add when uploading your images to a site or photographer’s service. Filling up filenames with irrelevant words would be pointless and can sometimes be harmful, SEO for photographers as SEO software might think you are spamming the system – SEO for photographers but using your name and relevant keywords such as SEO marketing SEO company, SEO consultant, SEO professional SEO service is a great way to ensure that your images can find you when people search.
In the early days of SEO, it was a good enough practice to include your company name in your page title tags and Meta information. It was seen as a major SEO technique for website promotion. Eventually, people got tired of writing their company name in all these SEO tags and SEO ideas started changing with the times.
The SEO landscape changes every day and there are hundreds of SEO techniques out there. Some of them I’ve seen work, many of them I’ve seen fail horribly. Out of everything SEO related, the one SEO technique that has never failed me is including keywords in your photo caption.
Using hashtags on social media posts for photographers is a great way to make your business more visible and gain exposure. Mostly people think that hashtags are of no use. But , hashtags have lost of benefits if used properly.
You can use hashtags on most social media sites, including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
A great thing about using hashtags for your photography business is that they are super easy to use. The majority of the popular social media sites have an option to enter in a hashtag directly into your posts or even have one built-in. Even better? You can create your own custom hashtags that are specific to your business! When you use a hashtag, it will automatically connect all posts using the same one.
You might think this sounds silly, but it’s really quite effective. Hashtags make it easy for people to find relevant posts. For example, if your business is all about taking pictures of families, you can use a hashtag like #familyphotography. If you’re looking for a SEO consultant for photographers, another great option would be using #SEOconsultants.
If you don’t want to create your own hashtags, there are also some great ones that have been around for a while. Some of the most popular ones include #photooftheday, #ootd (for “outfit of the day”), #TBT (“throwback Thursday”) and more!
You can find these hashtags by asking friends, doing a quick Google search for hashtags in your industry, or checking out some of the popular social media sites.
- You’ll gain more exposure for your images
- More people will see your photography
- You’ll be able to connect with like-minded individuals who share your interests
- People can easily find you if they’re looking for someone who takes pictures similar to yours
- Your SEO consultant for photographers will improve
- Hashtags are a great way to get people to interact with you on social media
- You can create your own brand, instead of just using keywords that sound like what you offer
- Your SEO for photographers will be more effective when you use relevant hashtags
- It’s fun!
Tools photographers can use to monitor their online presence and track changes over time
SEO tools are an important part of optimizing your web presence. With SEO tools, photographers can easily monitor their SEO performance, track SEO changes over time, and identify keywords that users should take into account to better optimize the website.
The following list presents 10 SEO tools for photographers best suited to monitor SEO performance, track SEO changes over time, and identify new SEO keywords.
List of best SEO tools for photographers
- Google Analytics is a best google tool designed to help users better understand their websites’ traffic and how users can improve their performance based on this data. By tracking key SEO metrics, users can get the most out of their SEO efforts.
- Moz’s Open Site Explorer is a SEO tool users can use to get in-depth SEO analysis for any SEO keyword. The tool gives users access to SEO metrics, SEO backlinks, and top content related to the SEO keyword.
- Ahref’s SEO tools suite is all in one suite for users looking for more than just SEO analysis. Users can search for SEO opportunities, access SEO archive data, and use SEO keyword difficulty tools to better prioritize SEO efforts.
- With Raven’s SEO tools suite you can use it to optimize their websites based on the most important SEO metrics such as social media mentions and SEO keywords. Overall, Raven provides users with SEO metrics about their websites.
- SEO Moz is a SEO tool users can use to identify SEO opportunities and track SEO progress over time. Moreover, the SEO tools suite provides users with a set of free SEO tools.
- Majestic’s SEO site traffic is for users looking to get SEO metrics about their SEO performance, SEO backlinks, and top content. Among Majestic’s SEO tools are SEO tracking, SEO alerts, and SEO analytics.
- Moz Pro is a designed for users who wants to pursue strategic SEO goals for optimize their websites .The tool determines SEO metrics about sense SEO efforts and SEO content.
- Search Metrics is a SEO tool users can use to benchmark their SEO performance against competitors. Moreover, the SEO tools suite provides users with information on top keywords, backlinks, and social media mentions.
- Rank Checker by SEO Book.