Lip Augmentation is a technique of customising the appearance of lips. This treatment is taken by people who want to get fuller lips. This is one of the surgeries that one undergoes to change the look and appearance.
If you are considering lip augmentation surgery, then here are some things you need to know. Read the write-up to know all the important aspects of lip augmentation surgery.
Overview of Lip Augmentation
Lip augmentation is a growing method of getting plump, smooth, and fuller lips. The main principle behind this technique is injecting a certain type of filler into lips. Also, with ageing, the production of collagen and fat reduces.
The consequence of this loss is visible in the thinness of lips. This saginess and thinness of the lips call for an augmentation. The use of fillers is the main thing in this surgery and different patients have different experiences.
Questions you need to ask your doctor before considering lip augmentation
Jumping into any conclusion without prior research and knowledge without having any questions is not advisable. So, here are some questions that you must ask your doctor before jumping for the decision of this treatment:
- Do you really want a lip augmentation?
- What kind of looks do you want to get?
- Am I comfortable with my lips being fuller and larger?
- What kind of injections would you like to get?
Choosing the right injection for lip augmentation
There are a number of fillers and injection available in the market. However, choosing the right one is important. This is how you choose the right injection:
- Research well about the types of injections.
- Don’t go for low-cost injections.
- Make sure that your vendor is an authorised one and carries all the original labels.
Restylane and Juvederm are the two most commonly used injections for lip augmentation surgery. These are the salient features of these two fillers:
- Both these injections are dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acids.
- They reduce the wrinkles and increase the plumpness of the lips.
- They are used for lip augmentation and lip lines. Both of them are non-invasive and plmp up the lips at different levels.
- These injections might be painful although the local numbing agent is already added to the fillers.
The next thing to know is the duration of these lip fillers. The next section explains all the aspects of fillers.
Duration of lip augmentation and safety precautions
The body of the patient takes an approximate duration of 6-12 months for absorbing the fillers injected through the injections This duration of a year is required by the body to adjust as per the effects of the fillers.
However, these are some of the safety precautions that can save you from the adverse risk of complications that might arise from the surgery. The duration of Judevarm and Restylane on the lips is:
- The duration of Restylane per injection is from 15 to 60 minutes. The effect of this treatment will be shown after a few days as this area is smaller as compared to other areas.
- The effects of Juvederm are in contrast to the above mentioned one. It shows up the effects instantly.
Potential side effects of lip augmentation
These are the potential side effects of lip augmentation. They might arise from the ignorance of the precautions advised by the doctor.
- There might be redness, swelling, and bruising at the site of the surgery.
- Discoloration of the affected akin amd occurence of the scars.
- Repeated use of these fillers may even cause numbness
People having certain conditions like smoke issues, bleeding disorder, and any inflammatory conditions must not think about this treatment.
Safety tips in terms of precautions
You need to make sure that you are following some precautions so that the side effects are minimised. These are some tips in your favour:
- Don’t indulge in the consumption of alcohol, tanning, and stay away from sun.
- An exposure to the sunlight for 24 hours can is harmful.
- People using Restylane must avoid getting out in the extreme cold weather.
- On the other hand, people using Juvederm must avoid extreme hot weather, ‘
Since the plumping of lips may take up to 14 days to show up, be aware of the side effects that might occur. This difference is due to the tolerance of the bodies.
In accordance with the growing number of cosmetic surgeries across the globe, one must know the questions that need to be answered beforehand. However, proper research begins with the opinions of experts. The fruitfulness of these sessions depends upon the analysis of the fillers.
You might consider taking this surgery with the help of experts. Make sure to form the final decision after getting the opinion via best doctors. Prepare for an effective lip treatment with services of lip filler Dubai