You’ve come to the right site if you’re looking for the best way to convert Exchange EDB files to PST files. Users used to save their mailbox data in storage groups in earlier versions of the Exchange server. However, after the release of MS Exchange 2010, storage groups were replaced by databases. As a result, creating a backup of the exchange data becomes more challenging.
To address the backup concerns, we’ll go over a reliable automated solution to convert EDB to PST files in an expedient manner.
Why is it necessary to Convert Exchange EDB Files to PST Files?
Users may desire to convert Exchange EDB files to PST files for a variety of reasons. Some of the most typical requirements are list below —
- Requirements for a backup.
- Needs for portability.
- To meet legal and regulatory obligations.
- In order to preserve the previous record.
We’ll now proceed to the manual process of converting the EDB to PST exchange. Here, we’ll look at two manual solutions:
- Use the Exchange Merge Utility to export.
- The Ex-Admin Center is where you may export your data.
These methods are completely free, however they do have some drawbacks. As a result, users must carefully follow each step without skipping any of them.
Ways to Convert EDB Files to PST Manually
Method 1: Use the Exchange Merge Utility to export.
- Click the Next button after launching the Exchange Merge program.
- Select the two-step procedure in the procedure selection window.
- Select the option to extract data from the exchange server mailbox.
- In the source server window, provide all of your credentials, such as your name, domain name, and so on.
- Then press the Next button.
- Go to the tab for the import operation now.
- To target the storage options, select active data.
- In the following window, select EDB mailboxes to export. Then press the Next button.
- Define the path to save the PST file in the system in the target directory window now.
- To begin exporting, click the Next button.
- When the process is finished, click the Complete button to complete it.
Method 2: Use the Exchange Admin Center to Export your data.
- Start by going to the Exchange Admin Center.
- Go to Mailboxes > Recipients.
- Right-click on the mailbox you wish to export and select Export to PST from the drop-down menu.
- Using the browse option in the following window, you can update or add EDB mailboxes.
- To proceed, click the Next button.
- To receive notifications for the export process, you may now add any mailbox you choose.
- After successfully adding the mailbox, click the Finish button.
- The mailbox will automatically migrate to the shared folder after the export process is complete.
- Only supports data exports of up to 2GB.
- It’s a more time-consuming and drawn-out process.
- Only older Exchange versions, such as Exchange 2003, are supported.
- Human mistake is always a possibility, and it can result in significant data loss.
- Technical expertise is necessary.
- EDB files that are corrupted cannot be converted.
As we’ve seen, there are a number of drawbacks to employing manual procedures. It becomes extremely dangerous for consumers because there is a chance of permanent data loss. To get beyond these constraints, you can use an online EDB to PST converter that is more powerful and safer to deal with your vital data. The user benefits from an easy and speedy conversion thanks to the third-party solution. It is usually recommended that you select a well-known and reliable automated solution. You can utilize a third-party EDB converter tool with a user-friendly interface and no technical knowledge required. In addition, the third-party solution offers demo versions, allowing users to test the performance before making a purchase.
We mentioned how users can quickly convert Exchange EDB files to PST files earlier in this article. The most reliable methods have been discussed. We’ve seen that employing the manual conversion procedure has various drawbacks and is highly hazardous. As a result, you can use a third-party solution to convert files quickly and easily.